Friday 1 January 2021

Happy New Year!!!

Good Evening Internet Friends!!!

I hope that y'all had a truly wonderful New Year's Eve Celebration!

No big changes or resolutions in my life.  I plan to continue to boycott big box stores with the exception of HBC because it is an iconic Canadian Brand and does not sell junk; Costco because of how they treat their staff and customers.  

Over the past year I have made a conscious effort to only shop the local small businesses in my community.  It has not been an inconvenience and in fact I learned about services that they provide; like delivery of the Made in Canada Salmon Dog Food for my dog.  No more of me having to lug around bags of dog food to feed the Montyster, it's delivered!!

I also focused this year on making do with what I have rather than acquire more stuff.  The money that would be used could then be directed to charity organizations that need it.  This year in addition to the JDRF, and Juvenile Arthritis we will also add the Australian Koala Foundation.  

To celebrate New Year's Eve I did do a pick up order of specialty cheese from Paddys Cheese.  I made a cheese, cracker, veggie, fruit, and nut platter for evening snacking while playing board games.  Sooo YUM:


Somewhere after 2100 different neighbours started setting off fireworks and we were able to see lots of them from our back yard deck:

A really pretty evening out!

Today I spent a bit of time in my craft room and made another 2 blocks for the 2020 Darlene D'Eon Designs 52 Week Block Challenge.  I am "Sew" far behind that I will not even share that with you🤣:

TAH DAH and shall see how many of these I can possibly accomplish before my return to work on Monday.  

For dinner this evening in keeping with my theme of "Make Do With What you Have" I made kiddo zucchini, cream cheese, green onion stuffed chicken breast, garlic roasted mini potatoes and a salad mix that was in my fresh fruit and veggie delivery this week:

A bit of knitting after dinner and board game for a lovely January 01, 2021!

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wishing you all the BEST Day EVER Saturday tomorrow and stay safe out there😷

Kathy 






1 comment: