Tuesday 11 October 2011

Christmas Gift Tag Clutch


At our monthly Stampin Up meeting we recently made gift tag holders.  While I enjoyed the project I thought this could be made even better.  So when I got home (2200 hours) I set about making my version!  I started with 2 of the treat sized lock bags and measured each of them (important as they are not all the same size I found out and not all rectangle in shape - some were more parallelogram in construction).  Then I added 1/8 " on either side.  Once you have this measurement cut your 8 1/2" by 11" cardstock so that the width this measurement wide, the length is for the other bag and the overlap.  Score the paper at the height of bag plus the 1/8 measurement, score again 1/4" further for the seam.  Measure second bag and 1/8"  and score again, and again 1/4" further for the top seam.  I rounded the corners on the overlap piece to make look prettier.  The bags are secured with sticky strip and a piece of Designer Series paper slipped in side.  Tags were cut at 2" by 3 1/2" label punch Designer Series Paper attached and Cherry Cobbler seam binding used for ribbon.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!!  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

No comments:

Post a Comment