Monday 25 February 2013

Oh S"crap"! It's Monday...

For Oh S"crap"! It's Monday, I am featuring my left overs Chicken Pot Pie.  
When we got home today after work, the fridge was full of various left overs, but nothing enough to make dinner for two possibly three people, and still have some left overs (I don't want to cook dinner tomorrow).
After staring in the freezer for a while, I saw a package of Phyllo Pastry, and decided to make Chicken Pot Pie.
They Phyllo Pastry defrosted while stirred together in a large skillet:
-left over chicken (cubed)
- small onion
- celery
-fresh mushrooms
-left over carrots (from dinner the night before)
-left over frozen peas (small amount left over in package in freezer)
-left over frozen corn (small amount left over in package in freezer)
- can of mushroom soup
- can of cheddar cheese soup

I cooked all of these ingredients together in the skillet until thickened and transferred to pie dish lined with one sheet of Phyllo Pastry, and topped with the other.  As the Phyllo Pastry was still sort of frozen I had to shape the corners as best I could : )
Into a 350F oven for 45 minutes and dinner was served with a green salad!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment