Friday 28 June 2013

Knitting by the campfire....

It is now quite late in the evening of a very eventful day, and I am finally relaxing and knitting by the campfire.  Very peaceful.
As you know I have been displaced by a more senior nurse in my job earlier this week.  I could be sad, but I am choosing to look at it positively.
I always joked that if I got a pink slip I wanted it at the start of summer vacation, not the end.
The good news is that I have a lot of very supportive friends, colleagues, and managers from other departments where I have worked as a casual RN.  Within 12 hours of my formal displacement I had already received calls of support from these managers assuring me that I would always have a job in their departments.  In these times of economic uncertainty this was such welcome news.
Well, by noon today I have been placed, and no I did not displace someone else.  I know how that feels personally;  I also know that it is not fair to a department if I were to bump a nurse who has been there for several years as that is a brain drain;  and younger nurses likely have student loans, car payments, and no second source of income i.e. a spouse with a good paying job and benefits.
So, now that that this is over, I get the opportunity to enjoy my summer vacation, and that starts right now!
I just might be able to finish this sock soon!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment