Wednesday 5 February 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday

Good Evening Internet Friends!  I am going to participate in the Work In Progress Wednesday again this week!
As some of you may know I tend to dive head long in to projects and then it seems to take me a while to get them done.
Hence today's project, and probably a few more over the next few days.  I have decided to get all those partly finished quilts, and by partly finished I mean quilt tops done, but I have been too lazy to get the backings on and get them ready to go to the long arm quilter.
This past weekend, along with all my "mom" activities and working evenings over time, I did manage to get some of this accomplished, but because of work have neglected my blog.  I will also admit that I do not recuperate from shift work like I did when I first started nursing almost 20 years ago!  WOW. That makes me feel OLD!!!  
Anyways, here is one of the quilts that I completed:
The horizontal fabric strips were picked up a couple of years ago at The Chicken Coop in the metropolis of Mundare, Alberta.  There are two reasons to stop in this town: first of course the quilt store, second the bakery in town has poppy seed buns, these buns of course are NO comparison to the ones back home, but they come close and are not nine hours away ; )
The outer green border was picked up this past weekend at Prairie Points Quilt Shop in Ponoka, Alberta on my road trip.
The backing for this quilt is flannel Strawberry Shortcake (but old school, because that is what my dollies are) that I bought at Glacier Quilts on a ski trip a couple years back.  Can't wait til March when we will be there again (skiing of course ; )
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kathy.....I know, only too well, that if you are in Kalispel you MUST go to Glacier Quilts.....several times!!!! LOL! Way to go working on those WIPs!!

    ReplyDelete