Saturday 7 October 2017

More Pumpkin....

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Last night I baked the pumpkin so that I could have pumpkin for making pies today.  I ended up with 12+ cups of pumpkin mash so I decided to start using it up.

First off was breakfast where we had pumpkin oatmeal pancakes topped off with fresh raspberries and maple syrup.  Yum:

After breakfast it was time to prepare pie crusts for the pumpkin pie that I am taking to Thanksgiving Dinner this evening.

I discovered that I had no butter in the freezer.  No vegetable shortening either.....so.....I decided to use canola oil that of course I do have to make pie crust:

Filled with the pumpkin pie filling and off to bake:

Surprisingly enough these crusts turned out amazing!  I will definitely be making this substitution again 😼

Dinner was being hosted by my neighbour and since I did not have a hostess gift other than the pie.....I made a Thank You card:

Dinner was fabulous and I think turkey brain has homesteaded as I am super tired and it is not even late. 😴🛌

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Weekend.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment