Thursday 28 June 2018

Smell the Roses.....Achooo....

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Busy day as usual, but another awesome day.

My mantra for this year is to take care of myself.  Yes, I will still cook dinner, and do laundry but I will do everything in a way that makes me happy and gives me satisfaction.

Took a quick walk this morning and one of the things I saw was:

I was perfectly beautiful.  Yes, I smelled it and sneezed and then rubbed my eyes all the way home. It was just so pretty!

This evening I finished the binding on my Plenty of Fish quilt.  This was a mystery quilt top I completed a few years ago.  I made two of these quilt tops entirely from my scrap stash.  

Last year a friend of mine got engaged to a man she met on an online dating website.  I decided that this quilt would be perfect for their wedding.  The entire quilt top is made with scraps from other quilts I have made - "sew" just like their lives they each come with stories.  The only previously not cut into fabric for this quilt is the backing and the binding.  This is to symbolize their fresh start together with all of their stories:

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment