Sunday 23 June 2019

Take Time to Smell the Roses...

Good Evening Internet Friends!!!

A couple of weeks ago I took my bicycle in for a tune up......the same bicycle that I have had several mishaps with.  Turns out that to fix it and still have a slightly bent frame would cost almost as much as a new bike.  I opted for the new bike option with no frame issues.  A bit of my bike was salvageable for parts to a charity that creates bikes for kids in need.  I LOVE my new bike!!!  Not only is it way more awesome than my old one, but it has hot pink trim on it.  Plus I added a donut bell to it: 🍩

I have been making a lot of trail and off road miles with this bike of late.

Today while I was out I literally Took Time to Smell the roses.  They were beautiful:


And then of course my eyes itched and I started sneezing, but still they were really pretty.  🌹

Recently I also started working seriously on my Lush Block of the Month offered by Sew Devine.  

I have managed to  very slowly get these 4 blocks done:

 I LOVE the colors in these blocks and the points lined up so that made me extra happy.

This weekend I got started on the Dresden plate blocks.  These are going to take more time, but I did get all 84 Dresden blades cut out this weekend so that throughout the week I can sew a bit and maybe actually accomplish something by next weekend.  Here are my first completed 12:

These are tedious to make but I am getting better at them. 🥳

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wishing you a 
BEST Day EVER Monday tomorrow. 

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your bike...I really need to get one but my seat would have to be wider! LOLOL Nice sewing! I love dresdens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jane!! Next time you are in the Edmonton area let me know and we can make a trip over to the bike shop on 170th and set you up with an awesome seat!

    ReplyDelete