Saturday 17 October 2020

Let's GO!!!

 Good Evening Internet Friends! 

Still NO SNOW here!!!❅❆❄

Super Busy Day today, but very productive.  One of the goals I have been working on is making sure that I support local and especially small local businesses as much as possible.  I started to focus on this a few years back but since the pandemic started I have made a concentrated effort to do this.  Groceries are purchased weekly at Costco due to their rewards system as well as them being an active supporter of charity in the community and treating their staff from what I have heard.  The things that I cannot get there I purchase on Saturday at local small businesses.

First stop today was at Donut Party.  They make amazing donuts that my son just loves.  Their customer service though is kind of lacking as when I asked about delivery during the pandemic the owner refused to deliver to our neighbourhood despite several other small bakeries delivering here twice a week.


There are 2 coconut cream, 2 Pumpkin Cream Cheese, a Birthday Cake and a Snickers donut.  They really are delicious.

Then it was off to Sherwood Park Shoe Repair to pick up my Brooks Tall winter boots that I dropped off for heel repair last week.  These are the most AMAZING boots ever.  With leather outer and shearling lining these boots are always warm!  Unfortunately, they are no longer manufactured and the classic boot is no where near as warm or comfortable.  Looks like I will be repairing these for a while:

At the local tailor I dropped off 2 pairs of scrub pants for hemming and my down fill ski jacket for a new zipper.  Repairing everything for winter!  🧥

A stop at the Post Office and at the Bottle Depot with recyclables rounded out the day.

On top of this I managed to get 9 loads of laundry done.  As of writing this all linen in this house has been washed!!  

Dinner was Lentil Taco's (kiddo hates Salsa and tomatoes):

That's okay....I get more to myself!!!

After dinner I spent some time in my craft room before taking doggie out for his walk.  I decided to finish up the "Sew" Fast Runner that I purchased 2 years ago from The Fabric Addict.  The top was pieced soon after I got it.....but I'm not a fan of the "quilting" process (shhhhh.....don't tell any quilter I said that) and not a fan of the binding process either.  This table runner needed BOTH of these tasks.  "SEW"  I set about doing both of these dreaded tasks this evening:

And DONE!!!  This little cutie is put away for Thanksgiving 2021!

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wishing you all the BEST Day EVER Sunday tomorrow.  Stay Safe out there 😷

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the quilting process..ugh..I also dislike attaching binding but love hand stitching it down afterwards!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete