Macaroni and Cheese!
Got home this evening after work and of course the dilemma of what to make for dinner ensued.
I finally decided to make Macaroni and Cheese:
Here is how I made this awesome dish:
- boil 8 ozs of macaroni with 1 tablespoon oil just til soft, drain and add to cheese sauce
- in a medium sized sauce pain on medium heat add 4 tablespoons butter and 4 tablespoons all purpose flour and whisk together (it will form a ball)
- add to the flour and butter:
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup water and bring to a boil stirring constantly for about 10 minutes (I used water and cream because I was almost out of milk)
- then add one package of Boursin Cheese and 2 cups of shredded cheese (I use which ever hard cheese is in the refrigerator), bring to a boil and stir constantly for another 5 minutes
- add salt and pepper to taste
- fold in macaroni
- transfer to buttered casserole dish
-top with buttered bread crumbs and bake for 25 minutes at 350F
Hope this inspires your own creativity...