Sunday, 12 March 2017

A 4 Paws Kind of Day....

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Today was slightly more productive than yesterday despite being time change day which usually wrecks havoc with my day and psyche. 

I managed to get all the laundry washed, folded and put away!!!  YAY ME!!! ☺

House cleaning also done!  Bonus points here.....

Then I baked Andes Mint Chip Cookies.  I used the recipe on the package but I think for our dry Western Canadian climate next time I will add less flour than what the recipe calls for.  That being said though the cookies are still DELICIOUS:

The recipe made 52 cookies but as you can see a Cookie Monster found them.....

For dinner I made baked sweet potatoes topped with taco beef and toppings which is one of my son's favourite dinners:

He even eats the skin of the sweet potato when served this way .....Super Health Benefits...+++

After dinner I took kiddo and his horse dog for a walk in the -14 Celsius (7 Fahrenheit) temperature and with the windchill it was more like -27 Celsius (-17 Fahrenheit).  Returning home I even shovelled the side walk (I live on a corner lot so extra BONUS points for me for that)!!!!

After getting my son off to bed and organising lunches and such for tomorrow I took a bit of time to spend in my craft room.

As you likely know by now my dear friend and neighbour has started 4 Paws Quilting.  While I still quilt as hobby I now sometimes can request quilt things and or when she brings in new things I get to see and or try them out ☺  Plus her store hours are convenient for me.....I can show up with cookies and get in the door ☺

Yesterday I showed you the Anne Of Green Gables fabric I requested.  This evening I made 2 more blocks for the quilt:

And...

I love how these are coming along.

This evening I also used another couple of items that I asked Sharon to stock at 4 Paws Quilting.  The Soak line of products.  I love the Scentless Flatter spray because it has NO fragrance.  The other scents are light and smell delicious but I am not sure how my asthma would react to the scent when using the iron.  

What I love most about the spray is that when the block is complete I lightly mist the back side of the block, turn it over to press the seams and get PERFECT sized blocks!!!! 

In addition to the spray I also asked for the Scentless Hand Cream.  It is very smooth on the hands after a day of household chores, being outside and working with fabric.

For my sewing this evening I also used another item from 4 Paws Quilting and that was a Pre Wound Bobbin.  When I first saw these I thought....OMG....how lazy do you have to be to not be able to wind a bobbin?  Recently Sharon convinced me to try a package of these.  I got 100 pre wound white bobbins for $25 (GST included)!!!  When I did the math I decided that at $0.25 a bobbin it might just be worth it...have rationalised that my stitching thread will last longer now. ☺

I sewed both of the above blocks tonight completely uneventfully.  Who would have thought that $0.25 of a bobbin would be so peaceful!  Another +++ for today.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment