Friday 16 June 2017

Canada 150 Socks!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Earlier this week I picked up some Canada 150 yarn.  By special request I had asked for mini red skeins to coordinate with this custom dye:

I was "SO" excited to get started on a pair of socks with red toes heel and cuff but my JRA has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now (the moving and cleaning may not have been good for it).

I am not a fan of toe up socks but because of the style I wanted I chose to use this method.  At first I cast on with my wooden circular needle but since it is small (for socks) my hands got even more sore quite quickly trying to hold the needles.  I switched to my Sock Rocket needles knowing that the metal would bother my hands but hoping that with lots of extra cable I would be able to knit without too much pain.  Not so....it has taken me most of the week to get through the toe portion.  As of tonight however I was able to switch out to my 6" Double Point Needles and although my hands still hurt the needles are long enough and the radius of the sock wide enough to allow my hands to be able to knit😁😁


Now I am really making progress!  Hopefully I can have these socks finished for Canada Day although I might be knitting these on the flight.....

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment