Monday 13 November 2017

Look What I Found!!!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I am back on my cleaning mission in my house again.  It is amazing what I have managed to stuff into 1800 square feet in the last 17 years.  Some of my finds I am not sure why I kept in the first place and some are FABULOUS!!!

My find of today was this quilt that I started a few years ago.  Over time in my craft room the fabrics, the blocks, the rows, and the pattern all got separated.  From time to time I would encounter a portion of the quilt but could not find the pattern.  Worse yet the pattern seemed to be out of print.

Fast forward to earlier this year when I found a book entitled Miss Rosie's Farmhouse Favourites.  I loved the traditional patterns in this book so had to get a copy.  Imagine my delight when I found the Raise the Roof Quilt Pattern in the book!!!  It was out of print because it is now in the book.

As of this evening I have the main portion of the quilt top completed.  On a side note the fabric for this quilt all came from my stash ☺

Tomorrow I will apply the inner border as I have managed to find some cream fabric in my stash that will work will with this.

On top of that just a few minutes ago I found the outer key border pieces for this quilt!!!  I just might have it finished this week ☺

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment