Saturday 29 December 2018

"Sew" Much To Do

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas with family and friends and got to do a bit of crafty stuff too!

No blogging here for the past two weeks as "Sew" Much going on.

We returned home last night after going home to Saskatchewan for a bit.  Of course that was wonderful except for the -30 Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) the evening before we returned.  I did drive through a snow storm to get there and one on the way back too!

On the way back we stopped in  Saskatoon and went to Sew Charming Crafts.  Now of course I went there to see what was there but I also went there to pick up.........

The entire set of the Kim Diehl Simple Whatnots 8 Block of the Month.  This is apparently the only shop in Western Canada carrying the program.  There was a lot of thought that went into my getting this Block of the Month because unfortunately this quilt shop does not ship so there was no way for me to avoid the Provincial Sales Tax (PST).  YIKES, is all I can say.  I could have ordered it through the US fabric shops but would have had to wait til I head down to get the mail and of course there is cost involved with that....sigh.  

Today I pulled out my scraps and completed the last 6 Star Blocks for the 2016 Star Block Weekly Quilt Block Challenge hosted by A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop:

Maybe I can get these put together in to some form of a quilt before the New Year????

It snowed here most of the day, but the temperature was nice so I took the dog on an extra long walk this morning through one of the local park/recreation areas.  The park looked amazing with the snow falling:

Wishing you all the BEST Day Ever Sunday tomorrow, and 

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment