Wednesday 14 September 2011

Advent Calendar

This is the BIG project that we made last weekend in Millet!!  Isn't it AWESOME?  It uses the 25 & Counting Stamp set from Stampin Up along with the Peekaboo Frames die cut set.  We were given a 6 x 6 magnet sheet to cut strips to anchor the stamped dates to the muffin pan (Pampered Chef ), however, I chose to use 2 1/2" circles on the back of the stamped dates to make the back look complete.  I cut the Stampin Up magnet sheets with my Cricut at 2 1/2 " and the deep cut blade.  I did the original magnet cuts with a package of Cricut magnet sheet, however, when placed on the pan and turned over the magnets fell off the pan.  Hmmmm, so I called my awesome Stampin Up lady Karina, to see if she had any magnet sheets, and as usual she had what I needed.  A quick trip to her house, and now the Advent calendar is done!
The magnet sheets come in a 3 pack and with very careful cutting I was able to get 9 of the 2 1/2" circles cut out.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment