Friday 9 September 2011

Candy Christmas

I know it is too early for Christmas but I think this card is NEAT.  I am going to a Stampin Up event with some friends this weekend in the metropolis of Millet, Alberta.  I originally made 12 swaps (I will post these another day) and thought I was quite genius for getting these swaps done early and up to the standards of the ladies who organized the group (only current Stampin Up product, more than 2 layers, had to have an embellishment...almost took the fun out of it....almost).  However, there are 13 people including myself participating in this High End swap so now I have had to come up with a last minute project to swap with the "regulars".  While I was making my last minute project this idea came back to me.  So, I completed this, and not my swaps as there is always tomorrow evening (red eye crafting).
For this project I used the Designer Series Paper collection entitled Big Top, cut a 4 3/4"inch circle in half and folded back on itself a couple of times to make the tree.  A very thin piece of chocolate chip colored paper for the stem, and Bright collection buttons for the tree decorations.  The card stock for card base is old olive, real red, and whisper white embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and the greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

Late entry:  I have just found out that there is an actual template for making these trees.  When followed the trees turn out very symmetrical.  You can find the instructions at: inkspiredtreasures.com/2010/11/page/2/.
Thanks Connie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment