Wednesday 7 September 2011

Cupcake Party


This year I decided to throw myself my own birthday party.  When your birthday falls in the middle of August it is really hard to have a birthday party as all your friends are away (at least that's what parents tell their children).  So, I decided to have my own. 
I chose to have a cupcake theme party because I love cupcakes and who doesn't?  I asked my dear friend Karina the awesome Stampin Up lady to plan some cards that would be easy for all of us to make - keeping with the cupcake theme.  If you want directions as to how to make these cards visit her website at
karinaskreations.blogspot.com.The cards were easy to make and a lot of fun.
I sewed the little cupcake loot bags of course.  I used various cupcake fabric that was in my stash (fabric - not cookie), and a pattern from the allpeoplequilt.com website.  I believe the totes are called mini treat bags.
We ate cupcakes and some other goodies, and I think it was a lot of fun.  Time to start planning next years party.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment