Saturday 9 June 2012

Rhubarb Cake


When we moved into our house 12 years ago, there was no rhubarb in the backyard!  OMG!  I had to take care of that.  Ever since then my husband has decided to move it at least twice while landscaping the back yard (his sneaky plan is to get rid of it) and so far it has managed to defeat his attempts on it.
Today, I decided it was time to bake with it, so I made my favorite  rhubarb cake.  It's yummy, maybe it's the sugar on top.....

Rhubarb Cake:
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups rhubarb
3 tbsp ground flax seed

Mix as listed and pour into 9 x 13 cake pan.  Top with 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
Bake for 40 minutes in 350 degree F oven.

Enjoy.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment