Saturday 25 August 2012

Pillow For Grandma


So of course when Stampin Up came out with their Fall Mini catalogue, there was new a new fabric line introduced called Orchard Harvest.  Now, since I love fabric, I had to get it of course.
This is probably one of their better fabrics as the thread count is better on it than previous fabric lines they have introduced, however, upon opening the package I realized that once again it is either designed by or for people  who remember the 1920's vividly!!!!  Well, another project to be sent to Grandma : )
I found the pattern for this pillow case in the Fall 2012 issue of Quilting Celebrations.  Their pattern has a template for an acorn in the center, so I changed it for this one to a pear (I drew it on Wonder Under - it was not hard and appliqued in place).  
The entire pillow case is quilted, and I love the idea that if Grandma uses it or the cat sits on it, she can simply take the cover off, wash and stuff the pillow back in!  The pattern called for a 14 x 14 pillow, and since I did not have one of these just lying about (but did have a 16 x 16), I used a 16 x 16 size pillow and stuffed it tightly into place.  Seems to work.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment