Wednesday 8 August 2012

Watermelon Looking Cupcakes

I decided to make Watermelon looking cupcakes to work today for Brandy's early birthday celebration.
The watermelon of course being a Saskatchewan (kind of inside joke) thing.
The cake was made and then part of a bottle of food color gel to get the batter to look red/pink like a watermelon, a handful of mini chocolate chips in the batter to resemble seeds.
All was good until 0130 this morning when I discovered that I somehow had not replenished the Buttercream icing in the fridge downstairs!!!  Okay, no panic make more, only I seem to only have about 2 lbs of icing sugar in the cupboard (off to bulk barn after work tomorrow).  Hmmmmm, so I made the best simple green icing that I could, and we'll hope for the best.
Happy Birthday Brandy.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

p.s. this was also an excuse to use my new cupcake platter (hehehehehehe).

No comments:

Post a Comment