Thursday 28 November 2013

Crock Pot Turkey

It may not be Thanksgiving Day here, but it is somewhere else, and besides it's still a month til Christmas turkey!
Today, I decided I would pull out my ever favorite dinner tool; my crock pot and make Turkey for dinner in the crock pot.
There are a lot of different ways to do this I have found online, so with the ingredients I had I made:
I used one frozen Turkey breast (I got mine fresh at Costco, then froze it), 1 can of cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup water, and 1 package of onion soup mix.
Place the frozen Turkey breast in the slow cooker, mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over.  Cook on low, mine was probably cooking for close to 11 hours by the time we got home, boiled potatoes, steamed broccoli, made a salad, and gravy from a package.
Delicious.
Turkey sandwiches tomorrow!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment