Wednesday 13 November 2013

What's For Dinner???

Alright, so we've made it to the middle of the week.  We get home late almost every evening from piano, violin, skiing, swimming and horseback riding.  I need a nutritious dinner nightly that is ready to go when we get home.  Hence, the reason why I am known as the Queen of Casseroles!
After my son had gone to bed last night, I went rummaging in the freezer for dinner tonight.
I came up with this for an idea:
I used my wonderful Paderno 3 L Casserole dish.  This casserole dish can be used on the stove top so I was able to fry:
1 pkg lean ground turkey
1 chopped onion
red pepper flakes, chili powder, ground pepper, garlic powder
- once the meat was browned I added:
670 mls pasta sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
5 cups cooked pasta shells
- mixed it all together and covered with grated mozzarella  cheese.
Into the oven at 350F for 30 minutes.

Once the casserole cooled, I put it into the refrigerator and along with a green salad tonight, dinner is served!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment