Monday 1 August 2016

Monday......

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Somehow the August Long Weekend has slipped through my grasp.  I am not any more rested but at least I can check off a few things completed!

One of the things that I completed today was to make Beet Leaf Buns.  These are something from my childhood that are a ritual/passage of summer.

I got up early this morning and made bun dough:

I even let it rise twice to make sure it was super soft! ☺

Washed the beet leaves from my garden:

Dough just slightly bigger than a golf ball:

Dough stretched out:

First layer in the old time roaster drizzled with whipping cream, chopped green onion and dill:


Second layer place on top and then let rise again.

Bake covered at 350 F for about an hour:

DELICIOUS!!!!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment