Saturday 18 August 2018

Simple Saturday...

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Today was a perfectly simple day.  I did run one errand but other than that we just hung out at home. 

I am on a mission right now to "Eat the House".  No, I have not suddenly developed a craving for soft wood, but rather eat up some of what I have stored.  As you may have noticed I have not done any canning this year as we still have several jars of pickles and jams.

For lunch today we had Tuna, Apple and Avocado salad sandwiches with Tzatziki seasoning.  Delicious.  I will try these again:

After inventory of the freezer and pantry dinner was poached salmon with honey mustard and fresh dill sauce, jasmine rice with fresh garden chives, roasted garlic and sage mushrooms and a Caesar salad: 

Delicious as well and there are left overs for tomorrow 🐟.

After dinner kiddo and I headed out to explore a part of the River Valley that we previously have not been to.  It was amazing what we found.  A perfect stream that kiddo and dog had a blast in:

I even allowed for dog to be off leash for a bit because there was no one and no other dogs around. 

Throughout the day I spent some time with my scrap fabrics and made 2 of each of the past three years of weekly challenge blocks that I have gotten VERY far behind on:

LOVE how these look.  Especially the Star Block that I used star fabrics for the whole block.  ⋆😼.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment