Saturday 9 March 2019

And GOOOOOO....

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Got up early this morning because of course the dog seems to have no sense of weekend, day off, PD day or anything.  By 0530 he is literally sitting by my bed sighing cause I still have not taken him out.

It was a beautiful morning out so I walked him longer than usual.  After making breakfast I decided that today was house cleaning day.  Seriously.  As I am writing this there is not one surface in this house that has not been wiped, washed, polished, oiled, dusted, swept or vacuumed!  It may have taken all day but pretty proud of myself for doing this.  Maybe spring is on its way???

Then it was dinner time.....hmmmm...took a look in the fridge, freezer, and pantry and thanks to my great devotion to Costco dinner was a breeze! 

Chicken Breasts, Mayo, Pretzel Chips, Broccoli, Potatoes, Smoked Gouda, Milk, Alpine Touch Spice (USA), Mustard, and Sour Cream all purchased from Costco.  

Parsnip and Garlic were in the refrigerator.

Pretzel Crusted Chicken, Steamed Broccoli, Parsnip Garlic Potato Mash with Smoked Gouda dipping sauce.  YUM!!

After dinner I decided to make another of my Twisted Star Blocks.  This is the class that I joined a guild to get discount pricing on.  Paid for the class that was postponed to another date that I will not be able to attend and when asked if I could at least get the pattern I was told by the organizer that I would have to purchase the pattern when it became available.  WELL!!!  I decided I would just do it on my own. 

"SEW" I did.  I was actually quite proud of myself.  I did have to fiddle and fudge some of the seams but the star blocks were the same size as the 9 patch blocks "sew" I was pretty pleased.

The quilt designer found out about my dilemma and helped me out.  "SEW" no more fudging or fiddling to make the points match!!


The top row of star blocks is made with no pattern.  

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wishing you all the 
BEST Day EVER Sunday (although it is Time Change Day....)🎉

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment