Tuesday 22 May 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Upon arriving home yesterday evening, two ugly brown bananas were staring at me from the fruit bowl!  Yikes.  If you know me at all, you will know that once a banana is no longer green I consider it eligible for banana bread because it is too disgusting to eat without further intervention!
So, I made one of my "go to" banana muffin recipes that is now in our lunches today.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
1/2 cup canola oil
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 ugly brown bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 heaping tablespoons ground flax seed
 Mix ingredients in order listed.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Now, for a couple of cool pictures from my weekend.  I live in the beautiful province of Alberta and only a three hour drive from the Rocky Mountains.  I love that I have a son who loves to be outdoors and with him we are able to enjoy the outdoor activities of this part of the world; hiking, kayaking, and mountain biking which is what we did this weekend.
This is a picture of the Hoodoos on Tunnel Mountain taken by myself as I hiked after my husband and son.  I the asthmatic was lagging behind, so this is what most of my photos look like:
We had an awesome time and can hardly wait til our week there in July!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment