Wednesday 9 May 2012

Lemon Shortbread

Ever since the arrival of the Stampin' Up Cookie Stamps, I have been experimenting with stamping on cookies.
For the Coffee Talk swap, I decided that I would make cookies using the Flower Cookie Stamp.
I made my favorite recipe of Lemon Shortbread, stamped the image, and once out of the oven filled the center with Lemon Chips!  I found these Lemon Chips at the Bulk Barn a couple of weeks ago (yes I go there too much), and had to have.  Now, to find a recipe that they will work in....

Lemon Shortbread:
1 cup butter
1/3 cup non hydrogenated margarine
2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice 
1/3 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour

Cream butter and margarine in mixer, add in icing sugar slowly. Next add vanilla, and lemon juice, and finally flour.
Drop by small rounded scoop onto Silpat and then flatten with sugar covered cookie stamp.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.  I kept my bowl covered between batches to prevent dough drying out.
I placed the lemon chips in the center of the warm cookies, and spread it to fill center as the chips melted.
Enjoy!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment