Tuesday 13 August 2013

What's For Dinner?

It's that time of the week again!  What's for dinner.  
On the drive home today, my son and I decided we would have pizza.  Now, you may have by now figured out that I am not the order pizza in type of mom.
When we got home, I got my Kitchenaid mixer, and got the dough started.  While the dough was mixing, I cut up the mushrooms, peppers, grated the cheese, and got out a jar of pizza sauce.  Heated the oven to 170 F and turned it off.  Then I put the Kitchenaid bowl with the dough in it, into the oven, and left it there for about a half an hour while my son and I rode our bicycles to the park.
When we got home the dough was ready to be shaped, toppings were applied, and into the oven went the pizza.  Thirty minutes later dinner was served along with a green salad!
There was a little dough left over, of which I made two small, individual pizza's for my son's lunch on another day!

Pizza Dough:
1 1/2 cups very warm water in the bottom of Kitchenaid bowl
1 cup flour
- mix together on medium speed for 1 minute then add:
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil ( I used Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil that I get at Evoolution)
2 tsp salt
- once mixed add another:
2 - 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour until dough is no longer sticking to side of bowl, and mix for another 8 - 10 minutes until dough is soft and spongy.  
Place in pre-warmed oven for about 30 minutes.  Punch down and roll into pizza shape.  Add desired toppings.  I bake my pizza at 350 F for the first 25 minutes and at 425 F for the last 5 - 10 minutes just to brown the cheese.  Enjoy!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment