Thursday 31 October 2013

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween!!!
Last evening I put my son to be at 8:30 p.m. and in his back pack were two packages of chocolate Halloween balls from the Lindt outlet here in Edmonton.
Should be good for tomorrow, right??
At about 9:00 p.m. my son emerged from his room and asked why I had not make fun treat bags for the class like usual?  (Bad mom).
I explained to him that because he is now 9 I thought he did not need to have cute treat bags any more, and was informed that apparently I was wrong, one can never have enough cute treat bags.
So, at about 9:30 here is what I set about making:
The bags I had purchased previously from Close To My Heart, as was the stamp set I believe it was a Stamp of the Month collection from last fall.  The paper is from Stampin' Up a couple of Halloween's back as is the ribbon (laugh loudly as I am using up old stuff again!!!!!).  
To make the ribbon look the way it does, I cut of the edge on one side and then pull the ribbon fibers to the cut edge and then twisted with the other color and got this hairy scarey look!
Apparently the children thought that these were great, so all is good.  Saved another memory!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment