Wednesday 8 January 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday

Hello Internet Friends!!
I decided this week to link up with The Needle and Thread Network and participate in WIP Wednesday.
My project for this event, is almost a little something to be ashamed of; I started these socks on our trip home  from Christmas in the Rockies back in early December.
While we were in Canmore I purchased a book on sock knitting and it had some lovely patterns as well as new techniques for heels in your hand knit socks (if wondering - of course I came home with yarn too).  I tried one of these techniques on the first sock I was knitting.  As I got to the toe, I assessed this sock and decided that I DID NOT LIKE the heel I had just made some 50 rows back.  So, alas, I unwound my sock back the 50 rows knitted, then the heel up to the leg, and did the heel properly (well, maybe just the way I like).
Somewhere in the re-making of the heel I started to lose hope on these socks....
Sadly, this is as far as I have got so far:
Hopefully by this time next week I can be finished with these socks!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Keep going because they look like fabulous socks...love the colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radiant Orchid is THE colour for 2014. Your socks are right on trend. Great colour choice.

    ReplyDelete