Sunday 16 November 2014

Night Shift Food!

Hello Internet Friends.  To be perfectly honest it is my second day of night shifts and I really do not know what to call this time of day ; {

When I got up this afternoon for a bit, I was craving chocolate, so I made a brownie to take with me to work this evening:
Just what I needed!

Okay, so here is how to make it:

Chocolate Brownie (Kathy style)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate (I use Lindt Couverture)
1/2 cup butter
- combine ingredients in a double boiler to soften, stirring frequntly
add:
3 eggs (whisk quickly)
add: 
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 heaping tablespoon ground flax seed
mix until combined and pour into a 9 x 13 buttered pan 
top with:
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Bake in a 350F oven for about 25 minutes

Drizzle with caramel sauce while still warm (I purchase mine at Duchess Provisions).

Enjoy!

Off for another nap before dinner.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment