Thursday 2 April 2015

Road Trip Knitting

On the drive down to Helena the other day I finished the first of my husband's socks.  I did not really want to graft the toe shut at 75 miles an hour (yes, that is the speed limit there) in the mountains in the F-350 (it corners like a tank - I think).

So, I started work on a project that I have been meaning to make for a while and since the yarn and the needles are big, I knew I would be safe with this project:

This is another Fisherman's Wife Cowl that I am making for one of my NP colleagues.

I am knitting this cowl in Thick & Quick Starlight color with gold metallic wrap.  It looks really pretty close up.

I managed to get more this more than half completed on the trip between Great Falls and Helena.

Picked up the buttons for it today while I was out getting groceries.  Somewhere in the past 24 hours I have decided to host the family for Easter Dinner, so a trip to Costco was necessary today.  Tomorrow will be another stay and home day, although I should probably start some of the dinner preparations and do some house cleaning......

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment