Monday 18 May 2020

Making Do!!!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I hope y'all had a fabulous Victoria Day Weekend.

Today was a stay at home kind of day.  I did walk the dog early this morning of course and took my bike out for a bit this afternoon but that is all.

My copy of the Butter Baked Goods cookbook was still out so I made a batch of Sugar Cookies.  I LOVE these sugar cookies; the recipe uses butter and oil and makes a perfectly crisp on the outside soft in the middle cookie.  Perfect for Tea Time:

Between Batches I knit on my XO socks that are from my January 2020 Biscotte Yarns Mystery Box.  Not sure what keeps holding me up on these socks.  Could be the circular needle that does not allow me to knit the left handed way that I want to!  Or....could be that the colour work requires attention:

I have now passed the gusset and so was able to try them on.  OMG are they comfortable!!!  Might spur me on to get this one finished so I can start on the other one☺

For dinner I used freezer food.  Since the 10th of March we have been eating what we have in the pantry and the freezer.  I have had milk and fresh fruits and veggies brought in.  Two trips to Costco since that time and both have been in the last two weeks.  I would like to say that we have made a dent in the freezer....but alas it is still full somehow.  Today I used some Bison sausages, perogies, and green peas from the freezer.   Sauteed onions and mushrooms from the fridge along with sour cream (will need to start a shopping list for this one):

I am not a fan or meat but on occasion for some red meat I will eat a wee bit of bison.  This is kiddos plate; I had a half sausage and might eat the other tomorrow with the leftovers we have.

Heading out to walk doggie now as tomorrow is work and I still have one more load of laundry to put through so that everything is clean!!!

Hope this inspires your own creativity and wishing you all the BEST Day EVER Tuesday tomorrow.  Stay safe out there!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment