Sunday 28 October 2012

And Sunday is Soup Day...

It's starting to get cold outside, so today seemed like a perfect day for Minestrone soup in the crock pot.
This is definitely one of my "crafting" with food projects because this is what I do:
- add jar of pasta sauce to crock pot
- add 4 - 6 cups of water 
- add 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- add vegetables (mystery ones and left overs from bottom of fridge work well like onion, carrots, beans, corn)
- one can of kidney beans
- one can of garbanzo beans
- one can of tomato soup
- spices that you like to taste in soup
- cook on high for 6 - 8 hours
- I then add 1 cup of small pasta
- cook until pasta is done
- I then add cooked  Veggie Ground Round
- heat through and Enjoy!
This recipe makes lots so you will have left overs for the week.
Here is a picture from the river valley near my house today:
Yes, that is snow in the picture!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
 
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment