Saturday 6 October 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last weekend while out running errands my son and I stopped by Gifts and Gadgets in Spruce Grove.  This is such a fun place to visit.  Every kitchen thing you could image and more is found in there, and you have to ask the staff where to find things because there is so much stuff there and yet it is still clean (no dust - with the stuff they have you'd think items would be old and forgotten, but they are not)!
While there my son found a kid apron with cats on it (very similar to my oven mitts) and thought he needed this for the kitchen.  The price was reasonable and he had been good through the experience, so I agreed.  Today he had to bake and use his apron, so he made, all by himself Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.  He even put the batter onto the cookie sheet, all I did was put them in and out of the oven.
He was so pleased with himself (and still is).
The recipe for these is:

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup non hydrogenated margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed banana
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (his have more - because he was mixing and measuring - I did not comment)

Mix in order of ingredients.  Bake at 350 F for about 10 minutes.

Enjoy.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment