Last evening I realized there was no bread in the house. Surprise.
I have been at home all of this week due to having pneumonia, so no grocery shopping was done. Now, the quick solution would have been to go to Safeway, but I decided it would just be easier to make buns. So, I did. They were delicious if you want to know!
Here is how I haphazardly make buns:
Quick and Easy Buns
1 cup warm milk
4 tablespoons butter melted
1 cup warm water
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon yeast
- mix all of the liquids together and sprinkle sugar and yeast over the warm liquids (not too hot, not too cold)
- once yeast has a "foam" to it, pour liquids into a warm glass bowl and add flour a bit at a time, will take about 4 - 5 cups dependent on the day and the climate of where you live.
- once the dough does not stick to the side of the bowl take the dough out onto the counter and knead for about 5 minutes, dough should not be sticky.
- cover bowl with dough and keep in a warm place until doubles.
- punch dough down and shape into 12 round balls, and place in buttered 9 x 13 pan and let rise until about doubled.
- bake at 350 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- brush with small amount of butter immediately to give tops shine. Enjoy!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...