Saturday 31 October 2015

Happy Halloween

Good Very Late Evening Internet Friends!

I hope that everyone had a Happy Halloween.  

This year my son decided for Halloween that he wanted to be a Duct Tape Mummy.  His own idea.  I came up with the elaborate idea of reverse taping him in Duct Tape while wearing his largest clothes (so a coat could fit under if necessary) and then taping over to form the Mummy form.  After the body was completed Rubber Duckies were added.  It turned out quite well and was quite the marvel of the trick or treat posse tonight:

My son was going Trick or Treating with 5 friends of his from the private school he used to attend (I refer to them as the "Gang") and made treat bags for each of the boys so that their bags were not empty from the start.  I used last year's September 2014 Paper Pumpkin kit and made:

Finally, one could not go Trick or Treating with yet one more thing your mom had to make (he's only going to be little for so long....).  Earlier in the year I got a Happy Haunting fabric panel at Prairie Points Quilt Shop.  The instructions for this panel were terrible and the video of it did not help either as I thought the bag still looked poorly sewn.  "Sew"  I did my own thing and this is what I came up with:
It's not my finest work, but this was not an easy pattern to try and do something with.  My son loved it though, and had a blast filling it with his goodies.

Happy Halloween, 

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment