Saturday 2 July 2016

BEST Day Ever and a Road Trip!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Today was another fabulous day!  I always try to see life in a positive way but today was just perfect all on it's own.

I had a great sleep and had no alarm clock to wake up.  I am currently on a ten day summer vacation.  I did however wake up at 0800 hours somehow.

My son and I were invited by my dear friend and neighbor to have dinner with her and her husband and I had promised to bring cheese cake.  So, at 0800 hours I started the process of baking a cheesecake:

Fresh from the oven....too hot to eat but smells so yummy! ☺


All dressed for the party with the last can of Cherry Pie Filling with Splenda I have in my cupboards.  Thankfully less than two weeks til I go cross border shopping ☺

It was DELICIOUS of course and went well with the awesome dinner. The roast beef was AMAZING (as I was promised it would be).

My son slept til almost 1100 hours (I think the fireworks and bike ride yesterday wore him out).  

Once kid was ambulatory we headed over and picked up my neighbor friend.  We went to two local quilt shops to pick up their Row by Row kits.  We were able to get one kit but the second store had run out of kits (seriously) and were not going to cut any more... oh well (the animal/species on their row was very abstract and did not make sense anyways).  

Then we decided since the afternoon was young to head out to The Quilt Rack for their sale (it is always a really good sale).  I picked up a few neat things that I plan to work on out at the camper trailer for the next few days!

After the wonderful dinner and visit we came home and I made a pillow case out of the newest fabric I purchased:  

TAH DAH!!!

Now it's off to bed and sleep in tomorrow morning.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment