Wednesday 27 July 2016

HOME!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I am back from a 12 day road trip adventure with the family.  It was a wonderful vacation and for the first time we just went where we wanted.  The first three nights were spent at the Nipawin Regional Park as we did have that planned for camping, fishing and visiting my Grammy.

After that we headed south with the intention of Montana for some cross border shopping but how we got there was no real plan.  

We spent some time in Regina and then on to Moose Jaw for another two nights.  While there we went to see the Tunnels of Moose Jaw as kiddo and I had been there a couple of times but hubby had not.  

Then it was on to Quilters Haven and The Quilt Patch for their Row by Row blocks.  The theme for this year is "HOME" which although we travel with our 5th wheel travel trailer it is nice to be back home.

Passing through Swift Current I realized that Sowen Quilt Shop is just off of the highway, so hubby stopped and I got another Row by Row.

We stopped in Eastend Saskatchewan to see Scotty the T-Rex dinosaur.  

Once in Montana we stopped at Ben Franklin Crafts and Bearly Square Quilting in Havre for their Row by Row.

Passing through Shelby en route to pick up some stuff my husband had shipped to the border I picked up another row at Quilt With Class.

Arriving in Great Falls Saturday afternoon I was able to pick up the row at The Quilt Away.

Returning home through Lethbridge Village Quilts was only a left turn and three blocks out of the way so I got their row too!

As of this evening I have made two of the tree blocks that go with the log cabin blocks that I posted while on vacation:

Tomorrow I hope to make the large trees and then I will have a second row completed.

I likely could have got them done this evening had I not decided to make Chocolate Zucchini Banana Muffins using the Zucchini from my garden.  Last look yesterday as I was leaving the farm was that there are 2 more on their way..

YUMMY!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment