Wednesday 6 July 2016

I'm Turning into My Grandmother!!!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Okay, so everyone worries about turning into their mother.  I don't have a lot of those moments, but I am becoming like my Grandmother.

This morning kiddo and I slept in until 1000 hours (something my Grammy would do).  After a breakfast of pancakes we headed in to Ponoka to attend the Farmer's Market.

I was able to pick up from my friend Lynn a set of lawn dice her husband made:

After a visit kiddo and I went for lunch and since it was still early in the day I decided that we would road trip to Country Quilting and More as I wanted their quilt block for the 2016 Row by Row Experience.  I am one of those people that does not swap blocks for places I have not traveled to and or have not traveled to this year as I make these blocks as a souvenir of my summer travels ☺

Heading back to the farm there was a storm starting so we quickly packed up and headed home.  I was about 4 miles away from the farm when the rain started which was a good thing because I was driving the Focus and although I joke about off roading with it.....I'm not sure how well it would make out. 

Now here is where being like my Grammy really kicks in....at 2230 hours this evening I decided to make Saskatoon berry scones and that is just what I did.  If Grammy did bake it was usually after evening shift...

TAH DAH.....and yes I ate half of one just to make sure it was tasty.....I assure you it was and the other half has since been eaten as well.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment