Saturday 21 January 2017

Temperature Afghan Blanket

Good Evening Internet Friends!

As you are likely aware I always have more projects - physically, mentally and creative on the go at once than I can ever hope to accomplish!  Well, since that has never stopped me in the past,  I have no intention of reigning in my creative attempts ☺

That includes my decision to participate in making a Temperature Afghan Blanket for the year 2017.  The concept is to knit colors/rows according to the current temperature.

I am so fortunate to live in Western Canada where I will experience temperatures from - 40 Celsius (so cold that it equals - 40 Fahrenheit) in winter all the way up to about 38 Celcius (100 Fahrenheit) and sometimes warmer in the summer months.

I have chosen a 12 colour scale to do my blanket in.

Here is what I have accomplished so far:
  
Since the start of January the evening temperatures have ranged from -26 C (-14 Fahrenheit) before the wind chill measurement is added on, all the way up to a balmy - 2 C (28 Fahrenheit).   

I know that I will need to get more of the grey colour as I know I will be using a lot of it for the next few months (its my - 18 C {less than 0 Fahrenheit}) colour and I am pretty certain I will be finishing the afghan in this color as well ☺

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment