Sunday 22 April 2018

Quilt for Humboldt Broncos

Good Evening Internet Friends!

If you follow my blog with any regularity you will know that I live in Alberta, but when people ask me where my home is I will always say Saskatchewan.  I will clarify that I live in Alberta, but that is not home.  

As you also likely know there was a very horrific bus crash very near my home recently.  Of course the quilting world came together to make quilts to provide comfort to those affected by this tragedy.

Here is my contribution to the effort:

I hope to post this quilt top along with the binding tomorrow after I remove the cat fur from it!  Seriously, he was asleep and while I went to get the phone he prowled across the house just to sit on the quilt top!!! 🐈🙀

The fabrics for the quilt top were all from my stash.  I did run out of black and extra green for the outer border.  I was super impressed though with some of the quilt shops in the area who helped out with these quilts.  Sew Divine was sold out of black and green by the time I got in, but they told me that Quiltessential Co still had.  I was pleasantly surprised to walk in the door and right in front of me was an entire display with all of the colours for making these Quilts For Broncos.  

"Sew" not only do they have the amazing Gammill long arm machines but this display of support for my home area will make me support such a local business again.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment