Friday 13 April 2018

Resume

Good Evening Internet Friends!

This is my first post in a very long time.  A week ago there was a very bad accident back in my home part of Saskatchewan.  Not only was this in my home province, it was also in the area I grew up.  I can honestly admit that I have been in shock and watched everything on the television, and read everything since last Friday about this tragedy.  There has been so many calls to and from my Saskatchewan friends and even my Manitoba friends have been calling and sending me info.  

Community is a very big part of where I come from and as such I headed to my craft room this evening to help with that sense of helping a neighbour in need.  The Saskatoon Modern Quilt Guild has started #quiltsforbroncos and I knew this was another way in which I could help from 800 km away.  This evening for the first time in over a week I went to my craft room.  Here is what I made:

Surprisingly enough I had all of the necessary colours in my fabric stash!  I love the colours of this quilt because it reminds me of the Saskatchewan Flag.  Tomorrow I will venture out to get some more black and green to add borders and then the quilt top will be posted to Haus of Stitches for local quilters to add the Bronco's logo to the quilt before gifting to victims/families/first responders.

I felt good about making this quilt.  I was raised with the values of helping your neighbours, and by doing this I am using those community values to return to the same community.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment