Saturday 10 March 2012

Banana Muffins (Again)

 It's that time of week again, where I have to start thinking of that onerous task of making nutritional balanced and creative lunches again.  By this time of year the monotony  starts to get to me.  I love cooking and baking, but when I HAVE to, then sometimes it becomes a task.
Today, I am not creative at all, and went to the freezer for a bag of  "rotten bananas" - not a gross as you might think, I HATE bananas with brown spots on them (eat them when they are green and crunchy) and when they get a brown spot on them, I peel them and put them in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.  Very quick and easy to defrost in microwave and use in muffins.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Banana Muffins

1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup buttermilk 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoon ground flax seed.

Mix all ingredients together in order listed and bake at 350 degrees F.  


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment