Sunday 6 January 2013

A Day of Mourning; Kitchenaid Style

I decided that today I would make bread again, using my ever trusty Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.  For the past 13 years it has been in my home mixing everything from butter cream icing, to bread.  I have grated over 100 lbs of cabbage in a single evening with it, sliced 50 lbs of beets on another evening, mixed countless batches of cookies and just about anything else in between, most recently I have even started grinding whole grains with the grain attachment.
Sadly, today, I believe it has reached the end of it's life.  The smoke pouring out of it's head, and the crackling sound inside leads my horrified self, husband and brother staring in shock at it as it smoked and crackled itself out (yes, we had the fire extinguisher - I keep one in the kitchen - why? why not?).
Now, it sits stinking on my counter, I believe I will have to get more of a heavy duty one of these for what I use it for....
However, before it completely started on fire, I did manage to rescue the bread dough, and bake it:
Here are three of the six loaves I made - and yes it you check out any of the reviews for this stand mixer it will tell you it is good for up to 3 loaves of bread, so if you have one of the 300 - 325 watt mixers, don't over work them like I did mine, however, it did do this for almost 13 years.....
Funeral service will be tomorrow as garbage collection is early Tuesday morning : (
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment