Wednesday 9 January 2013

Chocolate Coconut Cake

My colleague friend received her full time Registered Dietitian Job a few months back.  Unfortunately, I was re-deployed for several weeks to another clinic so was unable to make a cake to celebrate her accomplishment.
Last night I baked a chocolate cake, and decided against the regular Butter Cream Frosting, and went with a Coconut Cream Cheese Icing.
 
The technique for this is:
1 block of softened cream cheese
2 tbsp cream (no milk will not produce the product you want - I know - I tried once)
1 tsp clear vanilla
- mix on medium speed until all are combined together
- add in :
1/2 cup coconut
4+ cups icing sugar
- mix on low speed adding icing sugar until you get the consistency that you want
 
I toasted a handful of coconut for the top to make it look a little more fun!
 
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
 
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment