Sunday 1 December 2013

It's Beginning to Look A lot like Christmas!

I LOVE Christmas.  Everything about it, and as soon as all Thanksgiving and Remembrance celebrations are over, I get excited!
As with other years we were planning to spend Christmas in the mountains again.  However, the flood in Canmore in June left the resort we stay at with some damage to the water supply that has still not been fixed.  On Friday we were given notice that our vacation has been cancelled : (
Oh, well, things happen, so we will be staying home for Christmas this year.
We took out the 6' artificial tree that we usually take with us and set it up in a corner of the family room, and my son decorated it this afternoon.  He thought that was pretty "Top Drawer".
I started to dig out all of the Christmas Decorations and place them around the house.
I also started to get my Christmas cards ready for mailing this week as well.
I started with this one:
It is actually a kit that I got from Stampin Up.  It's super easy and a great way to get yourself started on Christmas cards.  The kit contained 8 cards, so I am part of the way done for a card swap I agreed to be a part of!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

p.s.  Just to keep it "real" I guess I heard this song on the radio on Friday morning and cannot get it out of my head, so here's the link to it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jqmlsx-qXE  : < 0

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card - I've never got into the card-making/scrap-booking/stamping thing, but this almost makes me want to try it out. Not this year, though, it's one of the rare years when we are going to be away from home for Christmas - heading to Alberta to spend the season with our kids there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Christmas in Alberta. We put out lots of snow to welcome you and Santa!!!

    ReplyDelete