Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year's Eve 2014

Today I really accomplished nothing.  For the first time in a long time, I have actually relaxed on a vacation, and feel rested.  Of course I still took a nap this afternoon, but other than that my son and I played some video games, and online games, ate cookies, had PB&J sandwiches for lunch, and eventually got showered and dressed just before my husband got home from work : )
Here is what I did manage to accomplish late last night though:
Eight of the Block 2 A from the Downton Abbey Mystery Quilt Along.
I love the colors of fabrics and I have even learned how to use the EDeN system for cutting and making these blocks.  
At the beginning of this project I had found an online "Amazing" retailer that was selling the die cutter system for a terrific Black Friday price.  Twice I have ordered this cutter and twice the Upstanding 
 courier has lost my order!!!  I am just about finished this quilt and have learned how to use the system for rotary cutting so am thinking that this is Karma's way of telling me I don't need this "toy".
Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve, please drive safe and wishing you ALL THE BEST FOR 2014!!!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. What cutter do you have? I was given a Go by my sweet hubby for Christmas ... I need to get it out and start practicing ... I procrastinate because I fear that I will want to cut fabrics for a new quilt, and I'm already in the middle of working on 3! Since I hand quilt, I can't let myself get too far backed up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of yet I have NO cutter. The "Amazing" online retailer has given me a $20 discount to order through them again, but they would be shipping with the "UPStanding" courier and since the cutter has been lost twice I think I will wait and just get it when I do some cross border shopping. Good work with hand quilting! I am behind by about a bzillion projects, I fear what that would be if I started hand quilting.

      Delete