Monday 30 December 2013

Oh S"crap"! It's Monday...

So, it's Monday, and that means I only have 4 more days of vacation before I fall back into the hectic work routine, oh bother....
I am starting to get tired of turkey as no doubt some of you are, and tonight I really did not feel like making dinner.  It is super cold outside, and I'm not up for eating out yet as the hives have started to settle, but it appears that some portions of my skin are "burnt" from this allergic reaction.  Lots of aloe....
Looking into the refrigerator I decided to make a Shepard's Pie sort of thing with all the left overs, and wow, did this become a leftovers dish:
In the base of the casserole dish I placed:
-chopped up left over turkey (lots)
-all the left over cooked vegetables and since this was not really enough all of the small amounts of left over frozen vegetables I find in the freezer that are never enough for dinner
-1 can mushroom soup spread over top of this
-topped with mashed potatoes
-sprinkled with the last of the french fried onions 
 Bake this delight at 350F for about an hour, and it really is quite good!  Everyone had seconds!!!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
 
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious!!!!! Turkey rice soup was the last of my turkey leftovers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete