Monday 9 December 2013

Sugar Cookies

Late last night, seriously, about 11:00 I decided I needed sugar cookies for a snack in my lunch today.  Plus I had not fired up my new mixer all weekend due to being away, so late at night, or rather early this morning, I made sugar cookies:
Now, as has been pointed out, these cookies do NOT have measles! I just decided that since I had run out of coarse sugar and no grocery store was open at that time of night, that I would use colored red sugar since it is almost Christmas!

Chewy Sugar Cookies:
1 cup non hydrogenated margarine
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour

Cream margarine and sugar together.  Add in egg, vanilla and baking powder.  Add in the remaining flour, mix until all ingredients blended together.  Roll cookies into 1" balls and roll in sugar.  Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Enjoy!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment